Friday, 4 March 2011

Settled at Alrewas

It's still quite bitterly cold out, a result of a nor' easterly airflow that looks set to continue for a few days, worse luck. So we've not been tempted to go out and about much, though I did make it to the surgery for a blood test this morning, and we're off out for our Pie and Pint evening tonight.

It's given us a chance to catch up on internet stuff and the like, so not all bad, but we hope to manage a bit more activity over the weekend.

Last night's rabbit stew went down OK; I found the meat a bit tasteless, to be honest, but Sheila said she enjoyed it (it was farmed rabbit; wild would have been more gamey, I believe). I did it with root veg and apple juice, as well as traditional herbs like parsley and marjoram. There's quite a bit left over, which I'm thinking of making into a pie in due course, perhaps inspired by tonight's fare.

1 comment:

  1. Now where could you get a wild rabbit I wonder - "Salleeee" :-)

    Sue, nb Indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy all sorts of comments, but please don't use the Anonymous option without at least signing your name at the end of the comment. It's nice to be able to reply to folks by name, and offensive anon comments will be deleted.