I got a paper from the shop after breakfast, then a bit later we visited the monthly craft and food market in the Bell Inn car park. Here we got sausages, a piece of pork fillet and a couple of home made mini quiches to have with salad tonight.
Back at the boat we did some constructive loafing and reading and I spent a bit of time wrestling with the Yahoo website's way of handling photos. Like everything else about Yaboo, this used to be straightforward and intuitive but is now a dysfunctional nightmare.
Thanks to Des's expert input we should have something better in a while in the form of a proper Owners' Group website.
After lunch we took a walk down the towpath to Whittington bridge and then into the village and so back to the boat. I used the Garmin GPS to find that distance-wise, there's very little to choose between the two routes into the village. As mooring by Whittington bridge should be quieter being further from the railway, and it is on a wider bit of canal, we'll make a habit of stopping there in future.
Tomorrow, a lazy start and then on to Fradley and a rendezvous with Elanor and Sally.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I enjoy all sorts of comments, but please don't use the Anonymous option without at least signing your name at the end of the comment. It's nice to be able to reply to folks by name, and offensive anon comments will be deleted.