Thursday 1 December 2011

Getting back to normal

We're slowly returning to our normal state, though still a bit short of energy and inclined to cough and splutter from time to time. (OK, I know that some of you will say this is my normal state.)

We managed a nice lie-in this morning, and then had a productive day at the ebooks. Mine is at the stage where I've asked Sheila to read it through before I go any further; Sheila has a bit to do on hers still, but then she is writing mostly new content, whereas I've been largely editing blog posts into a suitable format.

I think it will be a few weeks yet before either is ready for publication, but we're getting there. I must say, it's been an eye opener re-reading what I wrote two years ago in the light of some of the decisions we finally made.

Our Ocado delivery turned up just after half eleven, and it was gone twelve before we got it all checked off and put away. I've got one more booked for the week before Christmas.

We had time to make and scoff lunch before going out for our Thursday walk. The walk itself was along the towpath to Egginton and back, so nothing we didn't know about, though I got some info about a loop back over the railway that might be handy next time I'm walking Sally in that direction. The real gain we get from these outings is the chance to meet folk who are nothing to do with boating or the marina.

We had a good session in the pub afterwards, nattering about this and that, including taking cruises on a freighter; one of today's walk leaders, who hasn't been there before now, is another ex-merchant seaman, and he and his wife, Phil and Thelma,  were a great source of info on the subject.

No comments: