Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dog to dog blog: strange weekend I

Mum said we were going to visit the AGPs last weekend, so we set off on Friday night as soon as she got home, more or less. I was quite excited but quickly started to worry as she set off in completely the wrong direction.

After a while we were on a motorway, so I gave up worrying, put my head down and got some more kip. A hound can never have too much kip. Anyway, finally we arrived at a strange place and things just got weirder and weirder. Mum went off and came back with the AGPs, but only Grandpa got in the car. Grandma went off with some bedding into the night.

I said it was weird.

So then we drive into this field, park up and all get out. Mum put her boots and backpack on, Grandpa takes some other stuff, and I'm expected to carry my own things in my saddle bags that are only meant for carrying emergency food and water when we're out for a long walk.

I was so unimpressed.

We go through a fence and across this sort of show ground with all people milling about, loads of interesting smells and lots of noise. I can't really enjoy it because a) I'm wearing the stupid saddle bags and b) Mum has put my muzzle on as if I would attack anyone in these circs. I mean, I can hardly stagger along with all the weight of food on my back.

OK, so it's my food, so what. Humans are on this world to look after dogs, especially me, and that includes carrying my food.

Humph.

Finally, we climb up along and down off this rickety looking footbridge and get to the boats. Here at last we find our boat and can settle down for the night.

Next morning, the AGPs shove off first thing, leaving Mum to clean the whole boat by herself. We did get to go back over the rickety rackety bridge (I had a good look for trolls, you can bet, but no trolls, just boats) and take a stroll round this show, me still wearing the horrid muzzle.

Did meet some interesting dogs and humans which gave a chance to get my revenge for the muzzle. What you do is, you find a friendly human, rub your nose against their leg then work round to pushing it between their legs just above the knee.

Twist, twist and sharp jerk upwards and ha di ha di ha as we say.

My paws are really tired from writing this, so I'll do some more later.

Meanwhile, take care guys

Loads of licks

Sally

No comments: