Friday 30 May 2014

Dog to dog blog: weird weekend II

Hi again guys

Where was I? Oh yeah, walking round the show. It was pretty manky on Saturday, but Sunday the sun came out and we got both another walk round the field and a decent stretch along the towpath. Loads more boats, lots of them looking weird too 'cos they weren't tied neatly to the side like the AGPs do.

Instead, they were all over the place as if they couldn't get close enough. Some of them had gang planks out. I quite fancied strolling along one of those, took me back to my agility days, but Mum was a spoil sport as usual and wouldn't let me.

At least I had my muzzle off.

Saturday and Sunday, people came to dinner, which was good fun as I got given carrots both times and made a big thing of munching them up. I'm still on this rotten diet, so feel hungry even after dinner. On Sunday, Mum kindly left some cheese out on the side after the humans had slumped back in their seats and started swigging wine again.

After my dinner, I thought a bit of cheese would just finish it off nicely, just like the humans had. So I went and chose a nice lump of Stilton and took it back to my bed to scoff. Turns out it was just another ploy for Mum to show off my training, in this case the thing about not biting the hand that feeds me.

I very nearly got the cheese down, but it was just a bit too big and got jammed at the back of my throat from where Mum fished it back out. To my amazement, she then threw the whole thing in the bin. I mean, it was only a bit slobbery. As Peter Mason said, it could have been rinsed off under the tap and put back on the board.

Come on, he builds really nice boats and knows loads of stuff about leather and things, surely he was right about this?

Monday was another damp day, though I did get bought an ice cream. Folk came and admired me in the morning, whilst pretending that they wanted to see round the boat. When they'd gone, Mum and I took all the stuff back to the car. We had a last walk round the show, the whole family together which was good, then Mum and I got into the car and Mum skilfully drove it off the mud and onto the tracking to set off home.

All that WRG training stands Mum in good stead; while we were getting ready to go, there was a guy with a four wheel drive making a complete Horlicks of the same job.

I've been spending my time catching up with my kip since we got back; I've had to dictate this post to Grandpa, so apols if the spelling's not so good. I mean the old guy is knocking on a bit and can't cope like he used to.

Take care, guys

Loads and loads of licks

Your friend

Sally

PS Grandpa says he'll try and do a post himself tomorrow, but they will be tied in Braunston so don't hold your breath. S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SAALLEE - great to hear form you again - the boat's show's just not complete without a houndie type.

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

p.s. Archie Beanz sends his love - but we have six boys staying with us at the moment I think it's only Archie and new boy Rocky that are in the running for your affections!