Monday 31 December 2007

Last blog of 2007

30th & 31st December

The last blog of the year and, I think, a short one.

The downbeat mood of Saturday was continued by a phone call from Elanor to say that she and Stuart have broken up. This is a real shame from our point of view, as we really liked the guy, but of course there's no future in trying to sort out your kids' lives for them.

Sunday was spent quietly, doing the recycling, buying a paper and reading it. Otherwise it was a case of gentle pottering around the boat, as a parade of Sunday walkers/joggers/runners/cyclists went by.

We had a further call from Elanor on her way home from Stuart's to Burton, so were reassured that she was coping.

My main creative effort was to make turkey soup from the carcase of our bird – Elanor is bringing some spare turkey from their festivities, so I've not finished with the turkey recipes yet awhile.

This morning was similarly low key – we'd both had a restless night, perhaps not surprisingly; as a parent of adult kids you feel so helpless in these circumstances.

I went down to the post office to pay in a cheque to our Alliance and Leicester account, which claims that you can make pay-ins at the PO without charge. In fact what happened was that the guy gave me an envelope to send it to A&L, on which I have to put a stamp, so it's not quite the free deal as advertised, is it, A&L?

After lunch we went onto the water point to fill up and to see if there was a mooring nearer to the car park for Elanor's benefit. There wasn't, so after a double winding we've come back to Ian's – we'll probably have to leave this at around lunchtime tomorrow, as Ian will be coming out of the yard in preparation for normal working from Wednesday on.

All well, one good thing, we're on our way again tomorrow – the sound track to my life should be I was born under a wandrin' star, I guess.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry that 2007 is ending on a bit of a down note - but I'm sure 2008 will bring many good things with it. We won't be back on the boat for a while so I'll be following the blog even more eagerly for that essential 'fix'. A very Happy New Year to you both.

Best wishes

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter. The same happened to ours a few weeks before Christmas. She is fine and has lots of positive plans for this year.
As an aside, Nocturne and Cala both passed us last week, presumably on route to their home moorings. Keep up the good blogging for 2008.

Bruce in Sanity said...

My thanks to both Sarah and Mukiwa for there good wishes. Elanor is coping well so far, but it's always a blow.

Gave us a wavw if we pass you this year!

All the best

Bruce

Anonymous said...

I got so much information from this site on different topics. I visit this site everyday to collect information. I love this site.
==================================================
Roger
MLS

Anonymous said...

Anchor Text