Wednesday 16 February 2011

Sorted (hopefully)

We were up betimes, in case Terry from MSC turned up early, he having rung last night to arrange to come over to install another sender in the toilet tank. This meant, of course, that he was running on boat builder's scheduling, and didn't arrive until midday.

The cunning ploy of cutting our lunchtime sandwiches worked - he rang to say he'd got here just as I was biting into the first one. No matter, this time we seem to have a functional, industrial standard sender, so let's hope it now works as well as the other MSC gauges we've used.

Sheila had gone for the paper this morning, so I've not yet had an excuse to be off the boat; I may take myself for a walk when I've done this, since the cold damp patch seems to have blown through.

Apart from all that, there's not a lot to tell today; a software update for the Kindles has become available, so we've updated both of them; main advantage seems to be that it adds page numbering.

Bob and Kath are coming round for a drink tonight, letting us repay their hospitality of the other week.

2 comments:

Martin said...

Bruce,

I did respond to your kind comment on our own blog about the water on the tonneau cover of the Erin Mae, but I realise that you may not have picked it up, so I wanted to register my thanks here. It's off-topic - unless large amounts of water is the theme in common with your post today! I've had a word with Steve, and he was going to ask Dave to take a look at the spar that supports the cover. So - thanks for your help.

Martin

Halfie said...

Your "cunning ploy" is similar to that we employ when waiting for the next course in a restaurant. One of us goes to the loo. That, almost invariably, is the cue for the food to arrive.