Monday 23 May 2011

Dog to dog blog: exercising Granny and Grandpa

Hi guys, Sally again:

First up, some personal greetings. There was a bloke on a boat the other day, thrashing through a lock, actually recognised me and called my name! Result, 'cos though he looked about a hundred and was having trouble steering the boat, you can never have too much respect. Keep practising, Nev, you'll get the hang of it one day...

Second, Lynx, dude, you not well or sumpin'? Your Mummy says you're too tired to blog,  that ain't good my son. Sounds like you're not getting enough of the old hot chicken, or maybe all this company you're keeping, sexy bitches and that, is wearing you out?

Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon and back on the blog, miss you terribly.

I spent last weekend on my boat without Mummy. Big strain, but seemingly G & G have been putting weight on, and the only answer is for them to have me around to get them out and about. I joined them on Friday night, "Top of Foxton", apparently, though there was no sign of our red bushy tailed friends when I got there, swizz.

Granny took me for a decent hike along the towpath, Saturday am, while Grandpa steered the boat. Eventually, we had to turn back as he couldn't keep up, so Granny got about an hour's walk, all the better for her, say I.

In the afternoon, after Grandpa had been painting the boat with some seriously cool black paint, he took me along another bit of canal we weren't going to use, as far as a little lock. Here we had a bit of a falling out, as this lock had a really neat footbridge over the end, just like the dog walk at agility, and I was keen to go up and over it, but he wouldn't let me.

I think I must have got him too tired, actually, but we made it back, and I demonstrated my agility skills getting through a couple of stiles which were seriously un-dog friendly.

I tried repeating this formula on Sunday, but Granny couldn't hack the full hour, and I had to let her get back on the boat after just 45 minutes. Never mind, in the afternoon, I took Grandpa up Cracks Hill, which was a good hour up and down, in very strong winds. It was great on top, I could stand doing the "noble hound scenting the breeze" posture with my ears out and nose raised, my best profile, I reckon.

Only downside, there was lots of sheep and bunny poo, but I wasn't allowed to eat any of it. All this effort to help the aged humans, and not a bit of a reward, unless you count the big raw hide chew I scoffed on Saturday night.

Sunday dinner time, Mummy turned up, HOORAY!!!, and she and I sat and talked whilst G & G ate their dinner (old humans have to be fed at just the right time or they go very strange.) After they'd eaten, I expected to get mine, but it was not to be, SWIZZ!!! Instead, I got in the car with Mummy and we went home. Cato the cat was still there, having spent the weekend eating and sleeping, no change for him then, and I was able to get a decent night's sleep at last.

That's all for now, loads of licks

Your friend

Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Sally, will yous be one of me babes? Yous got lots of henergy and pers'nality - perfect for me hadventure movies.

I's been too bizzy to blog this week but I's will do one speshally for you.

xxx

Lynx, nb Indigo Dream

Sally said...

Just say the word, big boy!

Woof!!!

Lixxxx

Sally