Saturday 13 August 2011

Hanging around Penkridge

Considering it's been a recovery day, I feel quite weary, and so does Sally, who at present is lying crashed out in the galley. (This is to give us the message that she's seriously underfed, and needs more rations tonight. In your dreams, Sal.)

We did have a very lazy start by our standards, as the dog wouldn't let us get out of bed. She'd joined us round about six, and we all dozed off again. I finally took her out for a first thing pee at seven, and then we retired back to bed, in the case of the humans with a cup of tea. It was eight o'clock before we finally managed to wriggle out from under 35 kg of dozing Doberman.

Sheila took the pooch for a walk, whilst I made a first foray into Penkridge for supplies. We arrived back together, and Sheila went into the village for a second round of shopping. This included some really nice silk roses, with which she has filled our prize rose bowl, and very good it looks too.

There was still time before lunch to take some photos for the photo round of the Owners' Weekend quiz. Here's one I'm not using (it's too difficult):

What part of Sanity Again is this?
The photo was taken without dismantling anything, but it is an unusual view of the item.

After lunch, we walked Sally back to Park Gate Lock, and I got some stuff from Midland Chandlers, a couple of hooks to replace damaged ones, and a grill to improve further the ventilation of the domestic alternator. One of the hooks proved to be a wrong choice, as the back plate didn't match the one I was replacing, so it was a case of trekking back there to get a refund.

No wonder I'm tired, come to think of it.

No matter, a haircut, a shower and cook dinner and I'll be able to have a beer with a clear conscience.

4 comments:

John/Waimaru said...

Okay, I admit you have me beaten. I think it is the background that fools me as the object appears to be floating in nothing, as though in a sheet of glass. If it were not for that I would suggest a sink or shower plughole. The better half suggested the underside of the mushrooms, but there are no screws to hold it to the ceiling , and the ceiling would show as the background. Fiendish clever, these Chinese, Moriarty.

Davidss said...

Do you want answers here? Well, you've left John's in so I guess you happy for the surprise to be spoilt, and you can (presumably) edit it out if it's correct and you don't want to spoil the quiz.
I think it's the view of a tap nozzle, normally a mixer tap, but from underneath, so you can see the gauze which stops the water spraying out sideways.

john/Waimaru said...

That sounds more likely Davidss. However to clear up your point about spoiling Bruce's quiz, he did say "Here is one I am not using (too difficult)""

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Its a sink/bath drain filter, Stops loads of stuff going down the plug hole into the trap or pump filter.
Got ours from Lakeland Plastics and the last one from a little hardware shop in March