Saturday 18 August 2012

Good day with reservations

It wouldn't do to claim that everything works out every time, and in this blog I try to be honest about the stuff that goes pear shaped, so today, I'm going to admit that although it's been brilliant weather and great boating, there have been problems.

Well, specifically, one problem, which was that my prescription wasn't there.

/floor

We had to hang about a bit in the Rowlands in Wheelock Street, waiting for the pharmacist to turn up. He was but ten minutes late, and we'd been and got some nice looking meat from the butchers in the interim. When he arrived, there was no sign of my drugs, and a check on the computer showed that they hadn't received the script.

/omg

Heigh ho, we did the rest of the shopping at Tesco, and got on with the boating. There was a fair bit of traffic coming the other way, so the three narrow locks took a bit of time, but finally we got through them and the Big Lock, which is broad.

Next, we stopped at the household refuse tip, the most conveniently placed one on the system, just before Croxton Aqueduct. There are even bollards to tie to whilst you dispose of your recycling. In our case this included a dead smoke alarm and the old oil I extracted from the engine quite some time ago. (The eighth of June, indeed.)

Arriving at Bramble Cutting, we were pleased to find a load of space on the towpath side – there are only a couple of spaces on the offside by the picnic area, and as we didn't plan a picnic, we didn't take one. It was now past my lunchtime, so we ate, and I then did some checking up. Yes, I'd addressed the sae to Rowlands in Middlewich. Oh look, there are two Rowlands's in Middlewich, quite close together. (Huh? Middlewich is only a small place.)

I rang the second one, but no, they didn't have the prescription either. It looks like the PO has let me down for once.

We'll be in Barnton on Monday, where there is both a big health centre and a pharmacy. First move will be to go into the HC and see if they will register me as a temporary resident and give me a script, which I can then get filled at the pharmacy. One or two practices have been getting funny about doing that for boaters, so the second string is to get the fax number of the pharmacy, ring Alrewas GPs and get them to fax a script over; they've said that they will do this if I'm really stuck.

It's important; I've got a week's supply of beta blockers left, and I mustn't run out…

/blur

1 comment:

Tankstar Rainwater Storage Solutions said...

This is the website of the people on the reservation. There is intact information for how you can help directly.
water tank australia