Friday 1 February 2013

Hints of Spring

No, I'm not selling paint, nor have I overindulged in some psychoactive substance…

/blur

Walking back from the village today there was a distinct sense that, although it's just the start of February and we may well yet have a lot more cold and snowy weather, the bright sun and sharp colours held the first faint promise of the next season.

Of course, it's clouded over now and it's going to be chilly tonight, but it's still encouraging. What's more, the alarming niff of loose gas has disbursed from the gas locker, so it looks as if I've sorted that hairline leak from the top of the cylinder.

/nobigdeal

We walked into the village to pick up my prescription and post a birthday card for number 2 grandson, but we couldn't resist the temptation to pop into the Co-op and buy a loaf of bread. We won't need it until Sunday, but their moist multi seed loaf will keep until then.

After lunch, I came over all energetic (that'll be the sun again) and we turned out the well deck so that I could wash it.

All that done, it was time to treat ourselves to another episode of Travelling Man. It was one of the darker ones, but there you go.

I'm now about to set up boiling a ham and making my version of pea soup before getting a relaxing shower.

No comments: