Thursday 9 May 2013

Sitting tight at Tixall

It makes a change from getting tight at Tixall, I guess, though it may come to that later tonight…

/blur

We made it into the village for shopping this morning, dodging the first showers and the early gusts. Since then we've been hunkered down in the boat doing bits and pieces. I've relit the Squirrel to keep the damp out and to help dry the wash load that Sheila's got running.

I've been investigating Google Groups as a possible alternate to Yahoo for the Braidbar Owners' Group – it would be a bit of a hassle to swap them over, but with continuing concerns about Yahoo's security it might come to it and I want to spend a bit of time exploring the options.

Sheila's been sorting the banking; I'm so glad she looks after that stuff. Meanwhile our Fire Angel optical smoke alarm has started crackling at us; it looks like this is a problem with the Thermoptek alarms. The beast is still working but it's very irritating. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see what they say; vacuuming it helped for a little, but now it's off again.

Hungarian goulash tonight, I think; it's back to winter meals in this wind and rain.

Tomorrow we plan to move on as far as the Pig Farm, then go through Rugeley to Kings Bromley on Saturday, where we'll rendezvous with Elanor and Sally.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, does that mean we'll have a Sally post? I do hope so :-)

I must prod Ty into writing more - he's lost his confidence since the troll :-(

Hope you're all thriving - it feels as if we've barely had a windless (atmospherically speaking!) day all year!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream