Tuesday 27 August 2013

A bit of boating


We started slowly and gently this morning whilst waiting to see what Peter wanted to do with the boats in the yard. I took a walk down to the Poynton Waitrose for perishable supplies and on my return we had a coffee/hot choc with Stephen and Jayne at the Trading Post.

The weather was really very pleasant and there seemed no reason to hang about any longer. Fresh crews of owners on board Ice Breaker, Eleventh Heaven and New Dawn are on their way to take over gardening and boatyard titivating, so we can get away for a bit.

Pausing only to stow some stuff for the Open Day Charity Auction in the bungalow, we readied Sanity Again for cruising, said our goodbyes, especially to Stephen and Jayne, whom we won’t see now until they get to Mercia in November, and set off for High Lane and points north and west.

We’ve stopped at High Lane for the night, and will go on to Marple tomorrow. The cunning plan is to meet up with Graeme, Cathy and the grandsons at Bugsworth Basin on Friday afternoon. They’ll stop the night with us and then head for home in Lincolnshire. We will then return to Poynton for the final preparation for the Open Day and Owners' Weekend.

I’ve raised a formal complaint with CRT about the Poynton Rubbish Point and had a reply from Vince Moran at CRT HQ already. It was only to say that the Waterway Manager, David Baldacchino will be in touch to explain what they are going to do about it, but it’s better than total silence. I’ll keep you posted.

I did try to take a couple of photos of the new Nasa Marine Clipper battery monitor, but the lighting conditions have beaten me for the moment; I’ll have to experiment to get a good image of the gauge when I’ve a bit more time (I only thought to do it just before sitting down to do this).

Meantime, I’ve got to get a haircut and a shower and then put a beef curry on to cook.

No comments: