Saturday 28 September 2013

A bit of a lazy Saturday


A quick post today; Elanor’s just rung and wants me to show her the latest Sally walking route.

We had a lazy start and after coffee I rubbed down some areas where rust was breaking through inside the well deck and in the scrolls on the end of the front cants. Having removed all the loose stuff, I’ve applied Rylard Rust Konverta; by tomorrow that should have done its job and I’ll be able to repaint those areas.

They’re not big, just the result of the first four years of boating. Boats do tend to rust on the outside and condense on the inside and all you can do is keep both phenomena at bay.

After lunch we took a walk round the marina; not much is happening to the lodge over the weekend, of course. Some of the stuff ordered from Amazon for the lodge has arrived; most of it is just what we ordered, but the visitors book is nothing like the description and illustration on the web page.

I’ve started the returns process; it’s an Amazon trader, but I won’t name and shame until I see how they respond.

Tomorrow, I’ll be finishing off the paintwork but we’ve no other plans at the moment.

No comments: