Saturday 8 March 2014

A bit dopey but stuff done


I’m feeling just a bit dopey today (OK, so some might say that’s an improvement…) so I’ll stick to bullet points.

  • We’re sleeping better the past couple of nights; maybe the new drugs are knocking me out and that means I’m disturbing Sheila less; I can be very disturbing as you all know.
  • This morning was dry but chilly and windy for a brisk walk round. We got the latest Canal Boat which this month has appeared in the shops promptly, unlike last time.
  • After lunch Elanor and Sally turned up on the dot of one to take us to Findern. I didn’t do well; EWM have stopped making the excellent self coloured Oxford shirts, stocking Pringles checked horrors like my father-in-law used to wear instead. But Sheila got a bag of compost and some primulas and herbs to fill the troughs and pots.
  • Elanor brought us our post which included our new CRT licence disks; they’d texted us to say that they were on their way which is a handy reassurance that all was well with the application.
  • Back at the marina we left Sheila gardening and took Sal to the copse. Here she discovered a new game when I threw a windfall crab apple at her. Now she’s always ignored these in the past, but this time she not only ate it but picked another up from the ground. Elanor shouted at her and she spat it out, moving away from us. Then she picked up another, waited until Elanor was walking towards her and spat it straight at her, unchewed. Hah di hah di hah.
  • I’ve suddenly started being bombarded with spam comments, so I’ve had to turn the Captcha word verification back on. Sorry about that, I’ll turn it off again in a couple of weeks when the spammers have lost interest.

Tomorrow, an Ocado delivery and building hedgehog hotels.

No comments: