Tuesday 15 April 2014

Best behaviour

The weather, at least, is on its best behaviour for the visit by Graeme and the boys. They've been able to get across a day early, which is why Sheila and I spent yesterday morning bustling about stocking up the lodge and then the afternoon relaxing whilst waiting for them to turn up.

It should be said that the boys, too, are being well behaved, although boisterous as always – it would be a bit alarming if  six and five year old boys were anything else. We had dinner together last night, Graeme put the boys in the bath where they can now largely be left to self clean, and then the adults had a very pleasant evening catching up on family gossip and Graeme and Cathy's long term plans.

Today, Sheila's gone off with the three of them to Rosliston Forestry Centre; it should be just perfect in this warm Spring sunshine. We'll eat together again tonight, then Elanor is coming across to see her brother and nephews in the evening.

It's a case of the women suffering this week, I'm afraid. Cathy can't be here because she had to use all her annual leave over Christmas whilst Graeme was away and I've just spoken to Elanor; she's stuck in an office looking out at the sun, poor woman.

Heigh ho, once I've despatched this, I'll shut stuff down in the boat and walk across to the lodge, taking with me my iPad ready loaded with today's Independent and part one of A Dance with Dragons, my book purchase for this month.

No comments: