Thursday 17 April 2014

Catching up

Many thanks again to all of you who sent good wishes! I now feel a bit of a fraud, to be honest, having extracted all this sympathy from you and then not had to go through with the op. Seemingly, the NICE guidelines mean that the combination of my positives like no damage yet to be seen and a thick cornea means that watching and waiting is the preferred approach.

Part of the reassessment was driven by the fact that my past history has now caught up with me. If I'm really lucky, I won't need more drastic intervention for a good few years, but time will tell.

Meantime, we had yet another good evening in the Willow Tree last night. Ian and Alison were good subs for Stephen and Jayne, so we did not disgrace ourselves, coming joint second with another two teams. The quiz itself was quite tough; the winning team scored 42 out of 76 and we were just one point behind.

Today, we've been over in the lodge most of the day. Sheila's been washing and ironing bed linen and I spent a chunk of time cleaning the oven which had got a bit messy. The Smeg oven has a steam cleaning facility which is handy in those circumstances.

Tonight we're going to be quiet, methinks; chicken curry, a drink or two and some serious reading. Tomorrow, Elanor and I are taking Sally to the Burton washlands for a serious run whilst Sheila attends to towels in the lodge. Hopefully, it's going to be a bit warmer; today has been disappointingly cool in a northerly breeze.

No comments: