Monday 21 April 2014

Remarkably fine Bank Holiday

Just when I was feeling all fit and sorted, I've started a head cold, drat. What's more, Sheila seems to be about 24 hours behind me.

Oh well, at least we should be over the worst of it before we want to start boating again next Monday.

It's a real shame because, once the first thing mist had burnt off, it's turned into a lovely day, warm and sunny, a complete change from yesterday's miserable conditions. Despite feeling part worn Sheila has been getting on with the laundry, it being a Monday.

I brought the Ocado order up to date, ready for delivery tomorrow, and ordered some rechargeable Duracell batteries from eBay, where they are about half the price of shop bought ones. I also got some ordinary AA ones for Elanor.

Next, I washed the other mooring line. We had planned to wash the roof, but neither of us felt up to it, so we settled for cleaning the Houdinis and solar panel.

Elanor came across after lunch; she and I walked Sally along the towpath for as far as I could manage, struggling to breathe properly as I was.

Since then, we've had a quiet afternoon; Sheila is still sorting the final stages of her washing, with one more load to tumble.

She'll just about have a fresh supply of hankies ready before I run out...

No comments: