Wednesday 23 July 2014

Summertime...

...and the livin' is easy. I finally succumbed to temptation (like Oscar, I can resist anything but) and bought the Ella Fitzgerald/Louis Armstrong version of the classic Gershwin track that invariably infests my ears in this kind of weather. Isn't iTunes wonderful?

I'm thinking of teaching the parrot next door to whistle the first few notes of Satchmo's horn as a change from the intro to Tears of a Clown with which it's obsessed at the moment.

We've had a pretty easy day in the heat; Sheila did a bit of crochet before her hands got too sweaty and I've done some solidly Independent reading. Elanor came over after lunch for a natter on her way to an interview in Derby.

She kindly ran me down to the pharmacy to pick up a medication top up, saving me a bit of a slog in the hot sun.

We've had a ramble round the marina and a nice cream from the shop.

It's all go.

Tomorrow, into Derby to the Eye Clinic and fingers crossed that they give me a clean bill so that we can get away for a couple of months.



No comments: