Thursday 25 September 2014

So far so good

Things are pretty good here and all went well this afternoon. I'm guessing you don't want the essay on the difference between Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty (ALT) and Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT) but basically ALT is the older technology whilst SLT is quite new and wasn't available on the NHS until recently.

As the name implies SLT is more precise and so has far fewer side effects. This in turn means that I don't have to go back again until next week, just to check that all is well, and again in five weeks to see if the pressures are any better. SLT can be applied several times and between one and three treatments are usually needed.

Although I've not got much blurring, the commonest immediate side effect, my eyes do feel very tired, so I'll leave it at that for now, except to say I do know how lucky I am to be a beneficiary of the NHS.

I try and remember to tell you about the smoking Squirrel tomorrow...

1 comment:

Jo said...

So glad it's so far so good. See you soon.