Tuesday 13 August 2019

Going down for the fifth time...

...down my throat, that is! It’s been a while, so I thought I’d do a quick catch up. Last Thursday I had my fifth endoscopy in four months, this time the combined ERCP and EUS. That is, Dr Austin, in a longish session for an endo, took out the stent from my bile duct, obtained several biopsy samples guided by the ultrasound and then put the stent back in. In the course of it all I received a fair whack of the medazolam sedative, so my memory is pretty hazy for the later stages. Probably just as well judging by how long it’s taking for the internal bruising to wear off. I’m nearly clear of it now, Tuesday.

I was starting to need more and more paracetamol and Oramorph on top of the slow release Zomorph, so I went and saw one of the GPs this morning. I had to settle for the locum, couldn’t get in to see my favourite Laura Saunders as they are a bit short handed at the moment, it being summer hols and all. No matter, I’ve had an increase in the dosage and a change of one of the other, side effect controlling, drugs I wasn’t getting on with. I won’t go into details, you might be eating whilst reading this.

On the plus side, the change of possibilities means that we’re starting to think about design issues with OMDB again. I’ll do another quick post over on her own blog about that.

Don’t know when we’ll get the results of the latest biopsies – sometime next week, probably. Once again, many thanks to the transport team who uncomplainingly ferry me and Sheila about and collect prescriptions and things. We’ve made much use of Jo James, Jean Gittins, Pete and Sue Horridge and Bill Smith since I last posted, it’s so good to have all this friendship and support.

2 comments:

Bungle said...

Fighting the urge not to make an unnecessarily crude comment on your title ;-) Hope you get some better news from these tests, I know how frustrating it can be waiting for results....

Nev Wells said...

Positive thoughts being sent, take care both of you.