Friday 11 February 2011

Into Stafford and finishing the service

As planned, we went into Stafford by bus this morning. We must be getting the hang of these trips, because, despite having quite a shopping list, we managed to get round everywhere and still come back on the 11.50 service, just over an hour after we arrived.

There's a selection of three butchers in the indoor market, so a good choice of meat. One of them is almost a traditional pork butcher, mainly selling ham, pork, sausages and pies. I'd almost forgotten such merchants existed, though I remember them well from my early childhood.

After lunch, I trolled round to Anglo Welsh, and, after a bit of hunting about, found someone to serve me. Unfortunately, they didn't have any 5 litre cans of oil in stock, so I had to settle for 2 one litre bottles, just enough to refill the sump with what I had already. We duly did the work, and Sanity Again is now all ready for her year's cruising – we can hardly wait, less than three weeks to go :) .

No comments: