Tuesday 8 January 2013

Dog to dog blog: the joy of dead cows

Hi guys

Not a lot to tell about today; I've come to the boat as usual to check up on the AGPs and make sure that they get some exercise. Had a decent dash about in the field this morning, and a walk round the marina this afternoon. Apart from that I've been kipping in the new bed.

Except of course when DISTURBED, e.g. by Mummy ringing up just as I was crashed out, by people walking backwards and forwards on the pontoon next to my boat (feeble excuse, they were "washing theirs") and by the water tank suddenly going DOINNNGGG for no good reason at all that I could see.

I'm quite glad to get a break, truth to tell, after my exciting time wrestling a dead cow on Sunday. Mum and I were having a romp in the water meadow that we often go to; it's between the Dove and the Trent apparently, and has been awash until recently.

Anyway, there I was, dashing about and checking the niffs when I found this wonderful lump of stuff. It was the remains of a whole cow! (Mum says bullocks, but she's getting very crude in her speech.) All that was left were some bones (Boots, your Mum would have loved it, a whole cow skeleton, oh wow) and most of the hide; really interesting and smelly stuff.

It was quite muddy, must admit, but had matured to the point where you could almost tear bits off it. I was working on that when Mum came up saying things like "Oh God, what now, get off you stupid bitch" and the like. I really must take her in hand, her language is getting beyond a joke. Isn't it embarrassing when your parents start getting old?

She tried to pull the hide away from me, and I was shaking my head and having a great game of tug when a good big chunk tore off and wrapped itself round my head. I had a fantastic time after that, charging about with bits of the hide, shaking them, getting all this lovely muddy stuff all over me and leaving chunks of dead moo all over the field.

It was just amazing.

Mum, of course, couldn't see the fun. She made me sit in the car with the air con on full blast all the way back home, dragged me upstairs and put me in the b--h. Yuk, yuk, yuk.

Got my own back – when I got out I managed two mega shakes all over the new paintwork before Mum could get the towel round me. Mum says it's lucky for me that she and Grandpa had finished all the painting so that it all wiped off; I even managed to get some of it over the top of door, hah, hah, hah.

Seems we're not likely to go back to that field for a bit; what's wrong with humans, don't they want us hounds to have a fulfilled and fun life?

Ah well, have a good time everyone

Loads of licks

Your friend

Sally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sally,

Ty, Ollie and guest hound Herbie are so jealous - what a wonderful adventure - they get excited about a lump of cow poo, but a whole cow - wow!

Sue, nb Indigo Dream