Monday 12 August 2013

Dog to dog blog: now I'm knackered


This is getting ridiculous. I don’t mind doing my bit to keep the AGPs going, but today we started out at seven and didn’t stop until lunch time. And I had to help work the locks all the way up Bosley.

Had to walk Grandpa first thing, getting to be a habit that, and then did Olympic looking all the way to the locks. We passed Molly ‘H’ moored at the bottom with (presumably) Muffin on board (see previous comments). The answer, Muffin old son, is get your humans moving in the morning. It doesn’t do them any good lying about in bed like that, you know.

Grandpa steered up the first six locks and I kept an eye on Grandma working the paddles, loads of walking back and forth and around and about. Then, because Grandma was tired, she changed places with Grandpa but, guess what, I had to stay on the bank and do more walking!

Look, I’m only half Doberman (probably) the other half is greyhound (possibly) and houndies need their rest. Lots of it. Dash about first thing, then kip for the rest of day is the way to do it.

Not slog up and down and around and about for hours and hours and hours. I was too knackered to even look at a load of white woolly things in the field half way up and then the AGPs praised me for being a good dog.

Sorry AGPs, that’s not good, that’s exhausted.

Finally had to hang about at the top lock ‘cos there was a problem with one of the gates and a CRT man got on the back of our boat with a big bent rake to try and sort it. I stood and watched him very, very carefully – Grandma was on her own with him and he might have run off with her.

Finally, I wasn’t allowed to help with the swing bridge and Grandma got a load of abuse from a white van man who was going too fast and drove into the barrier. If I’d been with her he wouldn’t have shaken his fist at her like that, I can tell you.

Quick flash of the gnashers and all would have been sweetness and light, I bet.

Grandma took some photos so I’d better put one in. Anyway, it shows me off so that’s all right.

Very very tired dog still doing her bit

We're staying here at Lyme Green tomorrow, and I've been promised a pressie from Pets at Home.

Can't wait…

Loads of licks

Your friend

Sally

1 comment:

Linda Gifford-Hull said...

Hi Sally,

It was me that didn't wake up this morning - I was knackered after all the locks yesterday. Now you've done them you will know what I mean. I'm still getting over it today - fortunately it's been a quiet day and I'm more or less recovered now.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.


Muffin
NB Muffin