Sunday 25 August 2013

Lazing on a sunny (Sunday) afternoon


And I love to live so pleasantly,
Live this life of luxury,
Lazing on a sunny afternoon.
In the summertime...

Thank you Ray Davies, that about sums up why this blog post is a bit late…

/wahaha

It’s not been all lazing around; we polished the port side of the boat as soon as we’d had breakfast, and found time to do a bit of sweeping and clearing up in the garden after we’d had a restorative coffee/hot chocolate at the Trading Post.

After that, though, we met up with Stephen, Jayne, Roger and Janet and went to the Boar’s Head for another excellent Sunday lunch. That took us up to about three o’clock, after which we paid the bill and ambled back up the road.

It was now definitely the aforesaid sunny afternoon (though not at all Kinky, let me hasten to add), so we all settled down on folding chairs on the lawn, drinking tea or eating ice creams from the Trading Post and nattering.

I made several attempts to get away to do this blog, but was dissuaded on each occasion, mainly by Jayne who thinks I ought to be more laid back about life, I reckon.

Any road up, it’s gone half five and we’ve finally broken up to get on with stuff:

Help me, help me, help me sail away,
Well give me two good reasons why I oughta sta-ay.
Cause I love to live so pleasantly,
Live this life of luxury,
Lazing on a sunny afternoon.
In the summertime…

/blur

No comments: