Sunday 22 December 2013

Still staggering along

Last night: another good evening, lots of talk, drink and food contributed by the attendees. Our parkin seemed to go down well.

We tried not to overdo it too much and indeed the whole thing didn't go on past midnight.

A lazy start this morning, naturally, then the Ocado delivery in good time at 11, the start of the booked slot. Another helpful and cheerful driver. I'd slightly over ordered some stuff, but the accumulated eight tins of sweetcorn won't go off and we're very fond of sweetcorn. Not sure why I ordered muesli when we're having porridge for breakfast mind…

Actually, I know exactly what the problem is, this is the Christmas order I booked way back in late October when we were still on the summertime breakfast regime.

After a short post prandial doze, only slightly disturbed by my own snoring (the hearing aid's been turned up, remember) we walked into the village for fresh bread and a bottle of fizz that I'd missed off the Ocado order. This way, we can have my version of bellinis (sparkling wine 50/50 with mango and apple juice) on Christmas morning.

It's been quiet in here otherwise, which is more than can be said for the weather.


No comments: