Friday 22 August 2014

Getting down to it

First task today was to walk down to Poynton to get my prescription filled and do a bit of shopping. Sheila stayed behind to put up the notices about mooring during the Owners' Weekend.

My trip was largely successful, though Rowlands Pharmacy let me down rather. I went there first, just after nine, and was asked as usual if I would wait for the drugs. On being told that it would be half an hour, I opted to go and get on with the shopping.

A quick raid on Waitrose didn't take long, so I pottered about for a while looking at the interminable roadworks with which Poynton is plagued. Just on the half hour, back I went and asked after my prescription.

“Oh no, we're ever so busy, it will be another 15 or 20 minutes yet.”

So I left it and will go back tomorrow. I know that they are a bit short staffed, it being holiday time and all that, but a) relief staff are available and b) that's no excuse for the poor time estimate. Heigh ho, at least there was a bus due back up the hill, so I saved myself a walk.

I got back at ten and had time to put the shopping away before meeting the gang for morning chocolate. Somehow this took us up to lunchtime...

After lunch, another fender making session took place before I went and joined Sheila tidying the planted areas around the yard. Sometimes I think the main reason Peter holds the Open Day and Owners' Weekend is to get the gardening done.

;)

More tea and hot choc occurred at half three, finishing off the afternoon.

Tomorrow, more of the same; the weather seems to be improving a bit which is very welcome.

No comments: