Tuesday 22 August 2017

We've made it

We've now arrived safe and sound at Higher Poynton and are moored on the Braidbar mooring outside the yard. We've been catching up with all and sundry and generally getting sorted.

Things have indeed been a bit hectic, so I've not time to blog properly just now. I'll get my act together tomorrow and do a better account then.

(I must admit, I've been a bit distracted because my nice new Kindle Paperwhite wouldn't let me register it to my Amazon account. It needs a firmware update, which seems a bit feeble for a newly despatched Kindle that was supposed to be pre-registered to my account.

I had one of those very slow live chats with customer services to get that far!)



Location:Higher Poynton

2 comments:

Jo said...

you mean one of those live chats where you just KNOW they're also talking to a dozen other people???

Bruce in Sanity said...

That's exactly the one. It took about 20 minutes to establish that the firmware version was too low and to say he'd emailed the instructions for manually updating it.

A decent FAQ item could have dealt with it.

Cheers

Bruce