Thursday 15 November 2012

Day off

Better than an off day, say I…

/wahaha

Elanor rang early last evening to say that she'd finished the gloss painting, but wasn't satisfied with the cover she'd achieved, and wanted to do another coat this morning. This meant that there was no need for me to go across there, so it's felt like I've had a day off.

I used it to run the Disk Warrior utility on my Mac Mini; it wasn't in need of urgent repair or anything (the big value of DW is its ability to recover lost files) but its general tidying up improves processing speed, especially if there have been a few power failure crashes. Nothing too untoward was uncovered, but as hoped, things are now tootling along rather better.

Sheila used the last bread kit to make some rolls for lunch, and I improved the fit of the new chimney by cleaning up some lumps and bumps inside the chimney collar. It's now sitting more squarely, and continues to perform well.

After lunch, we joined the Walking for Health group in Willington and took them round the marina, ending up in the Willow Tree for tea. We had the best of the weather, which has been very misty and murky all day. The sun broke through for most of the time we were walking, only to disappear again as we were sitting on the veranda at the Willow Tree.

Since then, we've been taking it easy in the boat. Tomorrow is my last session at Elanor's, then I have the whole weekend off, yippee.

 /sweat

No comments: