Thursday 6 December 2012

In Winter's grippe...

Sheila's feeling a bit better, but I started feeling grotty last night, and had to skip dinner. I'm also a bit better today, but I've got that lurking feeling in the back of my nose…

So it's going to be a shorter blog, I don't want to pass anything on.

/wahaha

What are you complaining about? I'm managing to say something, and to make bilingual puns, even.*

I know, it's the humour you're objecting to.

/floor

Ah well, as may be imagined, we've been pretty quiet today, and the weather has encouraged us to stay indoors. I got a copy of the latest Canal Boat this morning; it's got Martin's Christmas Quiz in it. Now we do quite well at this most years, in fact we've qualified for one of the prize bottles of whisky several years on the trot, but I have a bit of a suspicion that that's because there aren't too many entries. Something to do with the fact that they promise three winners each year, and usually only come up with two…

/hmm

If Martin's planned to increase the entry by making the thing easier, he's gone the wrong way about it, methinks. I mean, the picture round is entirely of canals in Yorkshire and Lancashire. No matter, get a copy of CB and have a go all of you, we're running out of space in the booze cupboard (I didn't say the whisky was drinkable…).

/blush

We also bought another of the Muddy Waters series as part of our Christmas shopping, and an ingenious scouring pad for keeping the stove glass clean.

That's your lot, another early night tonight and another lazy start tomorrow, I reckon.

/bye

*La grippe: French for a cold, keep up at the back!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lame excuse for not giving us a full blog - I've already caught my cold from a more reliable source - a packed London commuter train :-D

Hope you and Sheila feel better soon...

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Roger Millin said...

Ahem, isn't la grippe-influenza and le rhume-a cold? ;-)
Roger

Anonymous said...

Roger, that's as may be, but everyone knows that man colds ARE the flu :-D

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Roger Millin said...

Sue, perhaps so for wusses like Bruce but it's a bit of a generalisation to apply it to all men ;-)))
Roger

Bungle said...

Did you finally get the bottle of whisky from Martin then?

Bruce in Sanity said...

Roger, Sue: OK, so this is la grippe d'homme…

Bungle: yes we did, at Crick, but he had to buy a bottle from the Belfast Distillery whisky stand, and admitted that Titanic probably wasn't the most appropriate choice.

Sheila's streaming, I'm actually just a bit husky.

Woof!

Cheers

Bruce