Thursday 28 February 2013

Dog to dog blog: Stressful Day

Hi guys

Back at the boat again, but instead of being walked round until I'm swaying with fatigue and then left to sleep it off, it's been a hard-working day guarding the boat. The AGPs and I had a good towpath walk early on in the bright sunshine. That was OK; had a bit of a laugh while the AGPs were sitting on a bench before we turned back, as well.

This pooch (mostly Pointer) had passed us earlier going the other way – nothing special, zoomed past off the lead and charged off into the undergrowth  – but while we were all sitting there enjoying the rest, back it came with its Mum. Stopped dead looking at me and produced the most ridiculous squeaky bark you ever heard.

Eventually its Mum persuaded it to start walking past and it gave this stupid bark again, so I did my "That's not a bark, this is a bark" bit.

WOOF!

It shot round behind the bench and jumped up onto it on the far side of Granny so that it couldn't see me. Laugh… I nearly wet myself.

Then things got dodgy back at the boat. The sun shining in through the portholes shows up the dangerous flashes of light that are probably there all the time but you can't see them because it's dark. I spent a lot of time keeping an eye on them, especially when they tried hiding behind stuff.

Could I get the AGPs to take them seriously? Could I heck as like. They just kept telling me off for pacing about and growling at these sinister signs. No sense at all, some people.

Eventually they put some bungs in the portholes so that I couldn't see them and I gave up. There's times when you do your best to defend folk and they just don't want to know. If they get eaten by monsters or elves or something, see if I care.

We had our usual second walk after a good post carrot lunch zizz; when we got back to the boat the sinister flashes had gone for the time being so I've finally been able to get my head down.

Oh, one more thing – Granny asks me to tell you that she's now sold 200 copies of her book, whatever that means. She seems very pleased about it, but since it's a Kindle book and I have even more trouble working a Kindle than using a phone, I'm not really bothered.

Take care of yourselves, guys

Loads of Licks

Your friend

Sally

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Sally, I think it's very good of you to worry about the alien light flashes on behalf of your AGP's - you're young and can take the stress.. ;-)

Ty is going boating this weekend (don't tell him yet, he'll just worry) so maybe I'll see if he'll do a blog too...

Sue, nb Indigo Dream