Tuesday 12 February 2013

Dog to dog blog: weird walk

Hi guys

I'm still not allowed in the field next to the sheep, boo, so Grandpa took me for a long walk this morning. I reckon it was longer than he intended, in fact I reckon he got lost, though he denies it.

Can you trust a human the way you can trust a dog?

/hmm

Anyway, we set off along the towpath from the footbridge towards the village this time; already I was wondering what was up, we usually go towards the lock. There was a lot of very pleasant squidgy mud on the path, though Grandpa kept muttering and cursing about it. It's a fact that humans are pretty useless if there's too much slop under them, something to do with only having two paws on the ground at once.

We went right through the village, plenty of interesting sniffs and a few new dogs to meet, and then crossed over the railway by a tall footbridge. That was good fun, reminded me of agility, bounding up one side, across the top and down the other.

After that, we walked along this track, skirting/slithering through some mega puddles on the way. I could have been let off here, I reckon, but Grandpa wasn't having it. Still, maybe next time.

At the far end, Grandpa was looking pleased as we joined a really good track – until we turned the corner, and all we could see was water. The river had come up far enough to flood over the track. Now Grandpa was really muttering. We had to turn back and find a new route alongside the railway line that finally led back into the village and so back to the boat.

We were out for ages, and I was very glad to get into my bed for some decent shut eye.

Mind you, I got an apple core and half a carrot for lunch, then another walk round the marina, so it's not all bad.

After I've posted this I'm going to get some more kip until Mummy comes to fetch me.

Loads of licks

Your friend

Sally

/bye

No comments: