Monday 11 February 2013

Monday, Monday

There's still a cold and piercing easterly wind again, but there's the prospect of milder weather later in the week to look forward to.

As planned, we had lunch in the Willow Tree with Stephen and Jayne, the first for a while so we had lots to talk about. In addition, I'd not yet made them suffer several of the awful jokes culled from Canal World that had caught my fancy, though I did have to promise to shut up after a bit and even did so for a while.

After a leisurely meal, we walked round the marina with them to where they are moored on the superberths this year. It was a bit gruelling slogging along in the chill, but we made it.

I've started editing and formatting Sheila's book; it'll take a few days, I'd guess, and then we're into the jolly fun of proof reading it.

Tonight, the First Aid course and tomorrow, Sally.

No comments: