Saturday 30 March 2013

Getting stuff done

Sorry folks, Sally says she's too Jacobsed (whatever that means) to come to the keyboard today, so you'll have to put up with me. I'll see if she's feeling more co-operative tomorrow.

I'm pretty cream crackered myself, come to that; Elanor and I got lots of shopping done this morning and we've all been for a long (two hour) walk this afternoon. The weather is quite frustrating, snowing at one point but the sun came out whilst we were walking and we all overheated a bit. Sally shows this by foaming at the mouth…

So – this morning we went to the Butcher &c and bought three scrumptious looking hip bone steaks as well as a leg of pork for tomorrow. We are having a belated celebration of Elanor's birthday tonight – steak, potato wedges to order, peas. On the way back from Barton Turn we called in at the Council tip to unload the old oil that's been travelling round in the well deck for about six months, then at the house to feed the cat and pick some more banal groceries from the Co-op.

Next stop was ScrewFix for a replacement digital padlock for the bow locker. We don't bother with one whilst in the marina, and the one we had has disappeared over the winter. I'd ordered the new one on-line using their click and collect service. That worked OK, though I was a bit surprised when I went to the till marked "Click and Collect Express" to be told that I should have joined the queue at the ordinary till.

Ummmm…

Heigh ho, no big deal, just odd.

After lunch we all went for this walk, first to the gravel pits along a mixture of towpath and roads, then back past the pits where Sal can have a good run off the lead and paddle in the various pools.

We're now variously reading, blogging and kipping in our bed.

No comments: