Saturday 16 March 2013

Soggy Saturday

Heigh ho, what a wet one this year is being already. It's not as if we've dried out from last year yet. Ah well, can't be helped I guess, and we've reasons to be cheerful anyway.

When I went on line this morning, the confirmation emails were there from Amazon to say that the books were now available. Sheila checked our KDP account and lo and behold we'd already sold one each – if the buyer(s) is/are reading this, thank you very much – and thank you as well to whoever has bought another one of each during the day.

Tales from the Towpath is on Amazon here and Practically Cooking on Board here. I'll change the permanent message in the side bar tomorrow but, as I say, if anyone wants either of them in another format, just email me using the link over there on the right.

Personally, I think Sheila's book is better than mine, naturally; we hope that hers brings a smile to the reader's face from time to time and that mine may give people some ideas for meals. There's nothing in there that you can't find by looking on the web but what I hope is added value is that I've tweaked them (a lot or a little) to make them easy to cook on board.

Another email was from Paula at Pinelog with two alternate layouts for Walnut Lodge. We've replied raising some questions about the one we favour.

In view of the damp and cold we've been hunkered down for most of the day, though we did manage a walk round the marina this afternoon. Once back in the warm and dry we watched an episode of Sherlock to while away the rest of the day.

We're having a small celebration with Stephen and Jayne tonight and probably a quiet day again tomorrow. One more week in the marina then we're definitely probably leaving to start cruising.

Possibly.

1 comment:

nb Achernar said...

Just had a brief look at both your books. We enjoyed the previous ones so once the kindle is charged I will be making a purchase. I see from the from the look inside that you took a scout troop on a narrowboat holiday. This reminded me of my first encounter with the canals as a scout in 1976
Regards
Phil