Wednesday 14 August 2013

Dog to dog blog: cheated again!


Today started well; I got through to kip with the AGPs quite early and we all had a good snuggle and snooze together. After breakfast, I took Grandpa for his morning walk, rejoining the boat in the middle of Macclesfield.

I was able to get a rest while the water tank was filled, then off we went again with me on look out for some of the time. I wasn’t allowed on the bow by myself, though, so had to wait for a bit while Grandpa got the washing machine running.

I was shut out of the back half of the boat for that, so amused myself by pushing the mat from the study under the bathroom door with my paws. It’s always good for a laugh doing things like that, and I think it’s good for the AGPs to have to think about strange stuff.

Then we had a long run to where we are now, a place called Lyme View, so we’ve taken about four hours to get from Lyme Green to Lyme View.

And they say dogs are a bit slow.

After my lunchtime carrot and a bit of kip, I told the AGPs that they needed some more fresh air and exercise, so we all went for a walk along this really good track called the Middlewood Way. Loads of places to rummage in, bikers to stare at menacingly and all stuff like that.

THEN… success at last. We’d stopped to look at this area of long grass with what the AGPs said were pretty flowers in it, and I heard a bit of rustling going on in there. Crept up, crept up, wait for it, wait for it…

POUNCE! Got it!

A nice tender, fresh baby bunny, must have thought it was safe hiding in the long grass and soon found out its mistake, though not for long.

But, did I get to scoff it? What do you think?

Meanie Grandpa made me open my mouth to drop it, Granny pulled me away and Grandpa made sure it had joined the choir celestial.

Then he threw it away.

He even tried to offer me a treat instead, but I just spat it out at him. What does he think I am, stupid? I mean a bit of dried pasta versus fresh bunny?

We walked on for a bit and then came back but of course I wasn’t allowed to go and find the bunny body. So tonight some fox or other will have the benefit of my brilliant hunting technique.

I mean, that’s two rabbits in three years. OK, so the first one was half dead with myxie when I found it, but this one was absolutely fine right up to the moment I got its bonce in my mouth.

Humph. What’s point of all this training and stuff if you’re not allowed to do what comes naturally, i.e. eat the bunny?

Loads of licks,

Your disgusted friend

Sally

1 comment:

Sharon boulton said...

Hi Sally
I caught a small baby bunny once in my youth, my mum was very cross so I haven't bothered since! Plus I have the embarrassment of living part tome on a boat called Bunnies Warren.

Licks, Freckles x