Friday 11 April 2014

Hello world

I finally decided I'd had enough of the acetazolomide; the consultant had said that if it got too much I could stop it, so after my fields test yesterday I decided enough was enough. It was the waking at three in the morning with a full blown panic attack that was the final straw; not just once, but each and every night.

It takes 24 hours to wash out, so today has been my first normal day for five weeks. It's like being a new person, quite remarkable. We've had a couple of walks around the marina in very pleasant spring sunshine and otherwise got on with various bits and bobs in and around the boat.

Sheila cleaned the inside surface of the cratch cover and I've been changing critical passwords that may have been threatened by the Heartbleed malware. We've been sitting out in the well deck this afternoon; Sheila's got on with her current crochet order whilst out there.

I got some more stewing veal from Ocado last time, so it's a Vera Lynn meal tonight...

Veal meat again?

/no

4 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Welcome back to the real world Bruce, I hope that the 'funny sensations' wear off soon.

As you are starting to feel 'better' can I give you something to exercise your grey cells on when you have the time and inclination?

You little animated gifs, which you occasionally include in your posts have not been working for some time...

I've checked and neither my Windows7/Google Chrome nor my Windows7/IE11 computers are producing any animated gif for /no /wahaha /hmm /blur /nobigdeal /please /blush etc etc...

Sorry to find you work to do... :(

Yvonne said...

They don't work on android phones or Kindle Fire either

Anonymous said...

So glad that you're feeling better without the meds - have been quite concerned.

Sue, nb Indigo Dream

Bruce in Sanity said...

Hi folks

Thanks for your good wishes; Elanor tells me she started to worry after the throwing crab apple windfalls at the dog incident. Seems I'm not usually that disinhibited.

Sue, thanks for your concern. It's certainly not a drug I'd want to take again.

This business with the GIFs is weird. They use a simple bit of Java script in the header of the template. I've done a bit of Googling about but no one else is reporting probs with a fairly popular bit of open source code.

Possibilities include your ISP having blocked the site that provides the GIFs or your browser having set itself to block access to third party JavaScript.

I'll keep asking about!

All the best

Bruce