Monday 9 March 2015

Derby dermatology

Today we went to Derby for a bit of shopping and my dermatology appointment at the London Road hospital. This went well in general, though the clinic ran atrociously late, more than an hour in my case.

Finally saw the registrar who did a thorough job of checking over my skin. I've got a collection of what are now called actinic (formerly solar) keratoses, non malignant but better chased away as they can develop into tumours. In my case, this means three weeks of applying cream to them twice a day, whereupon things will get seriously red for a while.

Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun but it's good to have a) the reassurance that there are no nasties lurking and b) a strategy for doing what we can so that I don't have any in the future.

No comments: